All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an exploration of pregnancy in two different cultures - Japan and Israel - both of which medicalize pregnancy. This title focuses on 'low-risk' or 'normal' pregnancies, using cultural comparison to explore the complex relations among ethnic ideas about procreation, medical models of pregnancy care, and local modes of maternal agency.
- Author BiographyTSIPY IVRY is a lecturer in anthropology at the department of sociology and anthropology at the University of Haifa, Israel.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.