Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionEurope's imperial projects were often predicated on a series of legal and scientific distinctions that were frequently challenged by the reality of social and sexual interactions between the colonized and the colonizers. This title reveals the unacknowledged but central role of race in the definition of French nationality.
- Author BiographyEmmanuelle Saada is associate professor of French at Columbia University. Arthur Goldhammer is an award-winning translator who has translated books by Georges Duby, Jacques Le Goff, and Jean Starobinski.
- Author(s)Emmanuelle Saada
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byArthur Goldhammer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.