All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the final days of the Chinese empire. Trade in opium with Europe is slowly corroding the power of the Ch'ing Dynasty. Orchid, a beautiful seventeen-year-old from an aristocratic but impoverished family, is pushed into the maelstrom when she finds herself unexpectedly chosen to become a lower-ranking concubine of the Emperor.
- Author BiographyAnchee Min was born in Shanghai in 1957. At seventeen she was sent to a labour collective, where a talent scout for Madame Mao's Shanghai Film Studio recruited her to work as a movie actress. She came to the United States in 1984. Her memoir, RED AZALEA was an international best-seller, with rights sold in twenty countries. Her novels, BECOMING MADAME MAO, KATHERINE and WILD GINGER were published to wonderful reviews and impressive foreign sales.
- PrizesShortlisted for British Book Awards: Best Read of the Year 2006.
- Author(s)Anchee Min
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/01/2004
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date27/10/2009
- Weight521 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementExport ed
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £11.48Trending at £14.98
- £3.99Trending at £7.98
- £7.75Trending at £8.99
- £6.10Trending at £7.98
- £4.49Trending at £6.99
- £10.20Trending at £19.99
- £5.95Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.