Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.58
- £5.01Trending at £5.74
- £10.99Trending at £14.99
- £5.41Trending at £5.74
- £7.71Trending at £8.64
- £9.98Trending at £13.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe environment of our planet is degrading at an alarming rate. This book aims to prevent and reduce environmental pollution. It offers a unique treatment of the subject, linking various protection strategies for sustainable development.
- Author BiographyDr. Abdul Malik is Chairman, Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He received his Ph.D. Degree in Agricultural Microbiology from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. Dr. Malik has been awarded several Fellowships and honors including DAAD fellowship (Germany), BOYSCAST overseas Fellowship, Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Fund award etc. He has been awarded Young Scientist project of Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India twice. Dr. Malik has visited Technical University Berlin as Visiting Scientist in 2006, 2008 and 2009 and Universitatsklinikum Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany in 2010 under DAAD research programme. He has collaborative projects with Technical University Berlin, Germany and University of Minho, Braga, Portugal. He has received research grants from several funding agencies of the Govt. of India including DST, CSIR, UGC as Principal Investigator. His major areas of Research are Environmental Microbiology, Ecotoxicology, conjugative plasmids in bacteria, degradation of pesticides. Dr. Malik has published a number of research papers in leading scientific journals with high impact factor. Dr. Elisabeth Grohmann is Group Leader, Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Freiburg, Germany. She received her Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry from Technical University, Graz, Austria. She completed her habilitation (Venia legendi) at the Faculty of Process Sciences/Department of Environmental Engineering of the Technical University, Berlin Germany. She has been awarded an Erwin-Schrodinger post doctoral fellowship. Up to February 2010 she was Molecular Biology Group Leader at the Technische Universitat Berlin. She has received research grants from DFG, BMBF, EU, ESA, DLR etc. She has collaborative projects with Karl-Franzens-University, Graz, Austria, with universities and research centers in Belgium, USA, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Chile, Norway, Mexico, Turkey and India. Her thrust area of research is conjugative plasmids (molecular mechanisms of DNA transfer) in bacteria. Dr. Grohmann has published a number of research papers in leading scientific journals with high impact factor in different research fields, bacteriology, environmental microbiology, biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleStrategies for Sustainability
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note60 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1181 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAbdul Malik,Elisabeth Grohmann
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.