All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique resource on quantum physics that contains original problems with solutions that can be used by teachers and students of quantum mechanics at graduate and undergraduate level. Numerous tricks-of-the-trade in solving quantum physics problems are included which can also be used by professional researchers in all fields of modern physics.
- Author BiographyVictor Galitski, Sr, (1924 - 1981) in the course of his 30-year long research career in theoretical physics, co-authored 77 papers in an amazing variety of fields of both nuclear physics and condensed matter physics. His famous results include the derivation of what now is called the Galitski-Feynman equations, the first theory of unconventional superconductivity, and the development of diagrammatic calculation methods in condensed matter physics. From 1961 until his death in 1981, Victor Galitski, Sr, was the head of the Theoretical Physics Department at the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute. From 1972 to 1981 he also was the director of the Nuclear Physics Department at the Kurchatov Institute for Atomic Energy in Moscow. Dr. Boris Karnakov is a Professor Emeritus at the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute. His research interests include nuclear physics, where he has more than 50 publications. Dr. Vladimir Kogan is a Professor Emeritus at the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute. His interests are primarily physics education and quantum mechanics. He was the co-author of the first edition of a much shorter problems and solutions book published jointly with Victor Galitski, Sr, in 1956. Dr. Victor Galitski, Jr, is a grandson of the first author of the book and co-author of the current edition. His research interests include various aspects of theoretical condensed matter physics and cold atoms, with the focus on superconductivity, topological phases of matter, and spin transport. Galitski, Jr, is currently an Associate Professor of Physics at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is a Fellow of the Joint Quantum Institute and a member of the Center of Nanophysics and Advanced Materials there. He is a recipient of the NSF CAREER award.
- Author(s)Boris Karnakov,Victor Galitski,Vladimir Kogan
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note52 b/w illustrations
- Weight1536 g
- Width168 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Translated byVictor Galitski
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.98
- £7.29Trending at £11.06
- £16.71Trending at £19.98
- £43.58Trending at £48.57
- £12.95Trending at £17.02
- £8.24Trending at £11.46
- £10.01Trending at £15.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.