All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccompanied by an introduction by John Dixon Hunt, this facsimile fully reproduces the 1948 edition of Gardens in the Modern Landscape, a manifesto for the modern garden that deeply influenced twentieth century landscape design.
- Author BiographyChristopher Tunnard (1910-79) was born in Canada and lived and worked in England as a garden designer and landscape architect before emigrating to the United States. He taught in the Department of Architecture at Harvard and, shifting his focus after the Second World War, became head of the Department of City Planning at Yale. John Dixon Hunt is Professor Emeritus of Landscape Architecture at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design and author of many books, most recently A World of Gardens and The Afterlife of Gardens, the latter also available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Author(s)Christopher Tunnard
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2014
- Series TitlePenn Studies in Landscape Architecture
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note200 illus.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byJohn Dixon Hunt
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.30
- £6.08Trending at £6.94
- £56.74Trending at £68.99
- £18.13Trending at £19.98
- £37.19Trending at £44.17
- £16.28Trending at £20.34
- £17.02Trending at £22.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.