Gender and Work in Urban China: Women Workers of the Unlucky Generation by Jieyu Liu (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £144.20Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £49.26Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 29 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough it is believed in China that socialism raised women's status, the economic reforms meant that women workers were vulnerable to losing their jobs. Setting their life stories against a backdrop of political upheaval, this book suggests that the women have borne the brunt of sufferings caused by sacrifices they made for China's development.
- Author BiographyLiu Jieyu is lecturer of Sociology at the University of Glasgow, UK.
- Author(s)Jieyu Liu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary China Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.