All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on recent research and insights from political activism, the volume explores changing manifestations and articulations of gender in China.
- Author BiographyJulia Strauss is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and gained an MA (1984) and PhD (1991) from the University of California, Berkeley. She is Editor of The China Quarterly, a Member of the Association for Asian Studies and the American Political Science Association, has undertaken extensive research in China and Taiwan, and has taught in the US and UK. Harriet Evans is Professor of Chinese Cultural Studies and Director of the Contemporary China Centre at the School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Languages at the University of Westminster. She is the author of Women and Sexuality in China: Dominant Discourses of Female Sexuality and Gender Since 1949 (1997), and The Subject of Gender: Daughters and Mothers in Urban China (2008). She is currently working on an oral history of urban change in central Beijing and local practices of cultural heritage.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleThe China Quarterly Special Issues
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight280 g
- Width154 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byHarriet Evans,Julia C. Strauss
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.09
- £28.65Trending at £29.99
- £26.12Trending at £28.79
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £25.68Trending at £27.85
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.