All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.97
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
About this product
- DescriptionA fully updated third edition of this classic textbook, containing two new chapters on numerical modelling supported by online MATLAB codes.
- Author BiographyDonald L. Turcotte is Distinguished Professor Emeritus in the Department of Geology, University of California, Davis. In addition to this book, he is author or co-author of 3 books and over 400 research papers, including Fractals and Chaos in Geology and Geophysics (Cambridge University Press, 1992 and 1997) and Mantle Convection in the Earth and Planets (with Gerald Schubert and Peter Olson, Cambridge University Press, 2001). Professor Turcotte is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, Honorary Fellow of the European Union of Geosciences, and Fellow of the Geological Society of America, and is also a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He is the recipient of several medals, including the Day Medal of the Geological Society of America, the Wegener Medal of the European Union of Geosciences, the Bowie and Whitten Medals of the American Geophysical Union, the Regents (New York State) Medal of Excellence, and Caltech's Distinguished Alumnus Award. Gerald Schubert is Distinguished Professor Emeritus in the Department of Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is co-author with Donald Turcotte and Peter Olson of Mantle Convection in the Earth and Planets (Cambridge University Press, 2001) and author of over 530 research papers. He has participated in a number of NASA's planetary missions and has been on the editorial boards of many journals, including Icarus, the Journal of Geophysical Research, Geophysical Research Letters, and Annual Reviews of Earth and Planetary Sciences. Professor Schubert is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union and a recipient of the Union's James B. MacElwane medal and the Harry H. Hess medal. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Donald L. Turcotte,Gerald Schubert
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date27/08/2015
- Content Note456 b/w illus. 23 colour illus. 28 tables 285 exercises
- Weight1770 g
- Width203 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.