All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA key event in Irish cultural memory, the Great Famine still crops up regularly in public discourse within Ireland and among the Irish diaspora. This volume, containing essays by distinguished scholars such as Peter Gray, Margaret Kelleher and Chris Morash, offers new and multidisciplinary perspectives on the Famine.
- Author BiographyMarguerite Corporaal is Assistant Professor of British Literature at Radboud University Nijmegen. She is the principal investigator for the ERC-funded project Relocated Remembrance: The Great Famine in Irish (Diaspora) Fiction, 1847-1921. With Christopher Cusack and Lindsay Janssen, she co-edited Recollecting Hunger: An Anthology. Cultural Memories of the Great Famine in Irish and British Fiction, 1847-1920 (2012). Christopher Cusack is a PhD candidate and instructor at Radboud University Nijmegen, where he is writing a thesis on literary memories of the Great Famine in Irish and Irish diaspora fiction from 1892 to 1921. Lindsay Janssen is a PhD candidate and instructor at Radboud University Nijmegen, where she is writing a thesis on cultural memories of the Great Famine in Irish and Irish diaspora fiction from 1871 to 1891. Ruud van den Beuken is a PhD candidate and instructor at Radboud University Nijmegen, where he is writing a thesis on memory, modernity and (inter)nationalist identities at the Dublin Gate Theatre from 1928 to 1957.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReimagining Ireland
- Series Part/Volume Number60
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note19, 18 fig./1 tab.
- Weight530 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChristopher Cusack,Lindsay Janssen,Marguerite Corporaal,Ruud Van den Beuken
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.42Trending at £13.02
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.50Trending at £8.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.