All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £6.00Trending at £6.31
- £6.79Trending at £6.92
- £17.40Trending at £19.95
- £25.37Trending at £37.37
- £17.18Trending at £20.11
About this product
- DescriptionSelected by voters at the Guys Read Web site and compiled by Jon Scieszka, this collection shows that guys do read. Authors and illustrators including Stephen King, Matt Groening, T.A. Barron, Avi, and Jerry Spinelli share stories, essays, cartoons, and anecdotes about being boys.
- Author BiographyMultiple award-winning author Jon Scieszka grew up in Flint, Michigan, the second oldest and the nicest of six boys. Jon went to school at Culver Military Academy in Indiana where he was a Lieutenant; Albion College in Michigan where he studied to be a doctor; and Columbia University in New York, where he received an M.F.A. in fiction. He taught elementary school in New York for ten years in a variety of positions. He is the author of many books for children including theNew York TimesBest Illustrated BookThe Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales(illustrated by Lane Smith), the Caldecott Honor bookThe True Story of the Three Little Pigs(illustrated by Lane Smith), andMath Curse(illustrated by Lane Smith). In addition to his work as an author, Jon also runs a web-based literacy program called Guys Read that is designed to encourage boys, particularly reluctant readers, to get involved with books. In 2008, Jon was named the country s first National Ambassador for Young People s Literature, a joint effort of the Library of Congress and the Children s Book Council. During his two-year role as Ambassador, he acted as a spokesperson for children s literature, speaking to groups of parents, teachers, and children to encourage the importance of reading. You can visit Jon online at www.jsworldwide.com.
- Author(s)Jon Scieszka
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- GenreReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.