CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.18Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionCo-written by expert US- and UK-based authors, this handbook has an innovative global focus that consolidates current knowledge for treating depression in a convenient, pocket-sized guide that is ideal for everyday reference in a clinical setting.
- Author BiographyDr Edward Friedman (USA) is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and the Director of the Depression Research & Treatment Program, a research group that has the distinction of participating in many prestigious National Institute of Mental Health programs on mood disorders research in the US. Dr. Friedman is Director of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Adult Ambulatory Pharmacotherapy at the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. Dr Friedman is an is an internationally recognized and widely published expert in pharmacotherapy and cognitive therapy. He serves as a reviewer on a number of psychiatric journals and a principal investigator on a number of ongoing research studies in the areas of depression and bipolar disorder. Professor Ian Anderson (UK) is Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Manchester and an Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust. He was a Medical Research Council Training Fellow in Oxford and obtained his MD on the investigation of serotonin function in depression and in the action of antidepressant drugs. He is Director of the Specialist Service for Affective Disorders in Manchester, which he founded in 2001 as a multidisciplinary tertiary service for treatment-resistant depression and bipolar disorder. His current research interests concern the role of serotonin in the aetiology and treatment of affective disorders, functional brain imaging of neurotransmitter function and evidence-based psychiatry. He is lead author of the British Association for Psychopharmacology guidelines on the use of antidepressants in the treatment of depression. He is currently Chair of the NICE Clinical Guideline Development Group.
- Author(s)Edward S. Friedman,Ian Anderson
- PublisherSpringer Healthcare
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer Healthcare
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight137 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.