All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note15 line illus. 10 tables.
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byJonathan B. Losos,Richard E. Lenski
- Table Of ContentsPreface vii Contributors ix Chapter 1 How Evolution Shapes Our Lives 1 Richard E. Lenski PART I BIOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS Chapter 2 What Is Evolution? 15 Jonathan B. Losos Chapter 3 Human Evolution 31 John Hawks Chapter 4 Human Cooperation and Conflict 46 Joan E. Strassmann and David C. Queller Chapter 5 Human Behavioral Ecology 61 Virpi Lummaa Chapter 6 Evolutionary Psychology 77 Robert C. Richardson PART II EVOLUTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASE Chapter 7 Evolutionary Medicine 93 Paul E. Turner Chapter 8 Aging and Menopause 114 Jacob A. Moorad and Daniel E. L. Promislow Chapter 9 Evolution of Parasite Virulence 134 Dieter Ebert Chapter 10 Evolution of Antibiotic Resistance 147 Dan I. Andersson Chapter 11 Evolution and Microbial Forensics 163 Paul Keim and Talima Pearson PART III RESHAPING OUR WORLD Chapter 12 Domestication and the Evolution of Agriculture 179 Amy Cavanaugh and Cameron R. Currie Chapter 13 Directed Evolution 191 Erik M. Quandt and Andrew D. Ellington Chapter 14 Evolution and Computing 206 Robert T. Pennock Chapter 15 Evolution and Conservation 220 H. Bradley Shaffer Chapter 16 Adaptation to a Changing World: Evolutionary Resilience and Climate Change 238 Martha M. Munoz and Craig Moritz PART I V EVOLUTION IN THE PUBLIC SPHERE Chapter 17 Evolution and Religion: Conflict and Dialogue 255 Francisco J. Ayala Chapter 18 Creationism and Intelligent Design 284 Eugenie C. Scott Chapter 19 Evolution and the Media 300 Carl Zimmer PART V NATURE AND NURTURE Chapter 20 Linguistics and the Evolution of Human Language 313 Mark Pagel Chapter 21 Cultural Evolution 331 Elizabeth Hannon and Tim Lewens Chapter 22 Evolution and Notions of Human Race 346 Alan R. Templeton Chapter 23 The Future of Human Evolution 362 Alan R. Templeton Index 381
- Author BiographyJonathan B. Losos is the Monique and Philip Lehner Professor for the Study of Latin America and Curator of Herpetology at Harvard University. Richard E. Lenski is the John Hannah Distinguished Professor of Microbial Ecology at Michigan State University.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.66
- £9.95Trending at £10.12
- £9.51Trending at £9.82
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £11.61Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.