All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £27.29
- £7.17Trending at £9.11
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £10.43Trending at £11.98
- £24.99Trending at £33.90
- £6.99Trending at £7.10
- £12.98Trending at £14.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines for the first time, the ways that in-memory computing is changing the way businesses are run. The authors describe techniques that allow analytical and transactional processing at the speed of thought and enable new ways of doing business.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. h.c. Hasso Plattner is a co-founder of SAP AG, where he served as the CEO until 2003 and has since been chairman of the supervisory board. SAP AG is today the leading provider of enterprise software solutions. In his role as chief software advisor, he concentrates on defining the mid- and long- term technology strategy and direction of SAP. Hasso Plattner received his diploma in communications engineering from the University of Karlsruhe. In recent years, he has been focusing on teaching and research in the field of business computing and software engineering at large. In 1998, he founded the Hasso-Plattner-Institute (HPI) in Potsdam, Germany. At the HPI, approximately 480 students are currently pursuing their Bachelors' and Masters' degrees in IT Systems Engineering with the help of roughly 50 professors and lecturers. The HPI currently has about 100 PhD candidates. Hasso Plattner leads one of the research groups at HPI which focuses mainly on In-Memory Data Management for Enterprise Applications and Human-Centered Software Design and Engineering. Dr. Alexander Zeier graduated from the University of Wuerzburg in business management and successfully completed his studies in information technology at the TU Chemnitz. He worked for a few years as a strategic IT consultant, before gaining his Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management (SCM) at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. He has 20 years experience with IT/SAP Systems and started working for SAP in 2002 as product manager with overall responsibility for the SCM Software, SAP's first large In-Memory Application. Since 2006 he has been Deputy Chair Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts of Prof. Hasso Plattner at the Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam, focusing on real-time In-Memory Enterprise Systems. During that time he has also been Executive Director for the European Section of the MIT Forum for Supply Chain Innovation. Since March 2012 Dr. Zeier has been working at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) as Visiting Professor, lecturing and conducting research in the area of In-Memory Technology & Applications, and Supply Chain Innovation. He is the author of more than 150 journal articles and papers and has also published six books on IT and SAP.
- Author(s)Alexander Zeier,Hasso Plattner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight619 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.