All listings for this product
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £15.60Trending at £18.92
- £9.41Trending at £9.95
- £12.74Trending at £15.17
- £9.51Trending at £10.99
- £7.58Trending at £9.99
- £11.43Trending at £16.54
- £12.50Trending at £14.44
About this product
- DescriptionInside the Seed is a contemporary version of Oedipus Rex reimagined as a darkly comic political thriller.
- Author BiographyJason Rothery's produced, full-length work as a playwright and collaborative creator includes: the space between us (Tziporah Productions), (re)birth: ee cummings in song (Soulpepper), Inside the Seed, Wedgie (Upintheair), Something to Do with Death, POLITIkO (Ghost River), The Drop, and Re:Generation (THEATREboom). Jason was the co-creator of The Walking Fish Festival (Vancouver), co-founder and festival director of the Calgary International Fringe Festival, resident playwright of the second Soulpepper Academy, and the erstwhile artistic director of Ghost River Theatre (Calgary), where he mounted dozens of productions and tours including NiX, presented as part of the 2010 Cultural Olympiad. Jason is currently a PhD student in Communication Studies at Carleton University, where he is studying historical and contemporary narrative systems manifest in various media platforms, including theater and video games. As a component of his doctoral research, he is adapting China Mieville's celebrated novel The City & The City for a co-production between Vancouver-based theater companies Upintheair and The Only Animal. Inside the Seed won the 2015 Jessie Richardson Award for Outstanding Original Script.
- Author(s)Jason Patrick Rothery
- PublisherTalon Books,Canada
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTalon Books,Canada
- Weight170 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.