All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Anupama C. Raman,Pethuru Raj
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note149 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Table Of ContentsEnvisioning Intelligent Cities Introduction Unfolding the Smarter Planet Vision The Need for Intelligent Cities City-Specific Challenges Trickling Urbanization Challenges The Vast Potentials of Smart Cities City Transformation Strategy Infrastructure Optimization System Infrastructure The Adoption of Versatile Technologies The Assimilation of Architectures Services Are Everywhere Devices Are Connected and Cyber-Enabled for People-Centric Services Process Excellence Make Sense Out of Data for Big Insights The Key Trends in IT Toward Smart Cities The Shift Toward People IT The Era of Smart Computing Smarter Environments The Need for Cloud-Enablement A Few Smart City Use Cases Smart City Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Smart City Infrastructures Leading Smart City Platforms The Context-Aware Framework for Smart CityApplications Data Collection and Cleansing Data Storage Data Interpretation Cloud-Based Data Dissemination Conclusion References Mobile Technologies and Applications for Intelligent Cities Introduction Evolution of Mobile Wireless Technologies Mobile Application Development Platforms Challenges of Intelligent Cities and Solutions Offered by Mobile Wireless Networks and Devices Mobile Payments and Ticketing Intelligent Energy Conservation Using Mobile Devices Analysis and Commercial Insights Drivers for Mobile BI Adoption Key Trends in Mobile BI Steps to Get Started with Mobile BI Mobile Healthcare Wireless Fleet Management Enabling Mobile Technologies for an Intelligent City Mobile Augmented Reality Conclusion References The Role and Relevance of Software-Defined Cloud Infrastructures Introduction About Cloud Technology Key Motivations for Cloud-Enabled Environments Why Cloud Technology Is Being Aggressively Pursued by Worldwide Governments A Look at Cloud-Inspired Enterprise Transformations The Emergence of Cloud Environments Energy Optimization Cloud-Enabled and Hosted Smarter City Applications A Cloud-Enabled Context-Aware Framework for Smarter Environments A Sample Use Case Cloud-Based Smarter Home Applications Cloud-Enabled Smart Grids A Cloud-Based Monitoring Framework for Smart Homes Cloud-Inspired Smarter Healthcare Services Sensor-Cloud Integration for Smarter Cities Social and Sensor Data Fusion in Cloud Integrating Sensors with Cloud Using Dynamic Proxies The Next-Generation Hybrid Clouds The Compelling Use Cases for Next-Generation Hybrid Clouds Use Cases-Computation and Actionable Insights Storage Use Cases Data Dissemination Software-Defined Infrastructures and Software-Defined Environments Building Blocks of Software-Defined Data Centers Software-Defined Networking The Key Motivations for SDN Tending Toward Network Virtualization The Need of SDN for the Cloud Software-Defined Storage Cloud-Based Big Data Storage Key Characteristics of Software-Defined Storage Conclusion References Big Data Analytics for Real-Time City Insights Introduction Data Analytics and Intelligent Cities The Prominent Sources of Big Data Describing the Big Data World Big Data Characteristics A Perspective on Big Data Computing Why Big Data Computing? The Application Domains Describing Big Data Analytics The Big Trends of BDA BDA Use Cases Machine Data Analytics by Splunk(R) Open Data for Next-Generation Cities Edge Data for Cities of the Future Edge Data for Smarter Cities Edge Data for Smart Retailers Edge Data for Smart Automobiles Edge Data for Smart Manufacturing Edge Data for Facilities and Asset Management Integrated BDA Platforms Software-Defined Infrastructures for BDA Civitas: The Smart City Middleware
- Author BiographyPethuru Raj PhD has been working as a cloud infrastructure architect in the IBM Global Cloud Center of Excellence, IBM India Bangalore. Previously he worked as TOGAF-certified enterprise architecture consultant in Wipro Consulting Services Division, Bangalore. He also had a fruitful stint as a lead architect in the corporate research division of Robert Bosch, India. He has gained thirteen years of IT industry experience. Dr. Raj finished the CSIR-sponsored PhD degree in Anna University, Chennai, and continued the UGC-sponsored postdoctoral research in the department of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore until 1999. Thereafter, he was granted a couple of international research fellowships (JSPS and JST) to work as a research scientist for three years in two leading Japanese universities. His technical competencies lie in service oriented architecture, cloud computing, enterprise architecture, context-aware computing and machine-to-machine integration, Big Data Analytics, Smart Cities, and business integration methods. He has contributed book chapters for a number of high-quality technology books edited by internationally acclaimed professors and professionals. The CRC Press, USA, released his first book titled Cloud Enterprise Architecture in 2012. He has edited a book on the title Cloud Infrastructures for Big Data Analytics. He maintains an Information Technology (IT) portal at www.peterindia.net Anupama Raman is currently working as Content Lead for Smart Cities Brand of IBM and she is a part of Software group, Industry Solutions of IBM India. Prior to this, she was working with EMC Data Storage. She is a certified Storage Area Networking expert and is also a certified Data Center Architect. She is also certified in Cloud infrastructure and Services Management. Apart from these technical certifications, in the field of writing. She is a certified Information mapping professional and in the field of project management, she is a certified Scrum master. She holds an M.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering and is currently pursuing an MBA in IT Management. She has presented and published over twenty research papers in various national and international conferences and she has also written numerous book chapters with various national and international publishers.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.48Trending at £7.75
- £7.17Trending at £9.00
- £9.51Trending at £9.96
- £10.43Trending at £11.83
- £24.99Trending at £33.59
- £9.06Trending at £10.49
- £12.98Trending at £14.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.