All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Stephen Wiggins
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- Series TitleTexts in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1190 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2003
- Table Of ContentsEquilibrium Solutions, Stability, and Linearized Stability * Liapunov Functions * Invariant Manifolds: Linear and Nonlinear Systems * Periodic Orbits * Vector Fields Possessing an Integral * Index Theory * Some General Properties of Vector Fields: Existence, Uniqueness, Differentiability, and Flows * Asymptotic Behavior * The Poincare-Bendixson Theorem * Poincare Maps * Conjugacies of Maps, and Varying the Cross-Section * Structural Stability, Genericity, and Transversality * Lagrange's Equations * Hamiltonian Vector Fields * Gradient Vector Fields * Reversible Dynamical Systems * Asymptotically Autonomous Vector Fields * Center Manifolds * Normal Forms * Bifurcation of Fixed Points of Vector Fields * Bifurcations of Fixed Points of Maps * On the Interpretation and Application of Bifurcation Diagrams: A Word of Caution * The Smale Horseshoe * Symbolic Dynamics * The Conley-Moser Conditions or 'How to Prove That a Dynamical System is Chaotic' * Dynamics Near Homoclinic Points of Two-Dimensional Maps * Orbits Homoclinic to Hyperbolic Fixed Points in Three-Dimensional Autonomous Vector Fields * Melnikov's Method for Homoclinic Orbits in Two-Dimensional, Time-Periodic Vector Fields * Liapunov Exponents * Chaos and Strange Attractors * Hyperbolic Invariant Sets: A Chaotic Saddle * Long Period Sinks in Dissipative Systems and Elliptic Islands in Conservative Systems * Global Bifurcations Arising from Local Codimension-Two Bifurcations * Glossary of Frequently Used Terms
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £10.76Trending at £12.98
- £10.50Trending at £12.03
- £11.70Trending at £14.13
- £11.27Trending at £12.10
- £7.40Trending at £10.08
- £28.30Trending at £32.70
- £5.13Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.