All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJose de Acosta's `De procuranda Indorum salute': A Call for Evangelical Reforms in Colonial Peru contextualizes and analyzes the deployment of Catholic missionary forces in the Andes. Its exhaustive approach to the ecclesiastic and political reforms of late-sixteenth-century Peru exposes the philosophical and legal underpinnings of Spain's colonial policies.
- Author BiographyGregory J. Shepherd holds a PhD in Hispanic literature from Georgetown University. As an Assistant Professor, he currently teaches Latin American literature, culture and language, instructional methodology, and assessment strategies at Kean University in Union, New Jersey. Shepherd has published a book and several articles on historical treatises, autobiographical narratives, and epic poetry from the colonial period in Latin America by authors as diverse as Jose de Acosta and Alonso de Ercilla. His current research focuses on hybridity in Cabeza de Vaca's Naufragios and technology integration in teacher education models.
- Author(s)Gregory J. Shepherd
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number231
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.06Trending at £6.00
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £11.16Trending at £14.99
- £14.49Trending at £19.48
- £9.66Trending at £13.86
- £11.45Trending at £13.77
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.