All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.26Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionCan the Letters of Two Lovers be the previously lost love letters of Abelard and Heloise? Making Love in the Twelfth Century presents a new literary translation of the collection, along with a full commentary and two extended essays that parse its literary and intellectual contexts and chart the course of the doomed affair.
- Author BiographyBarbara Newman is John Evans Professor of Latin Language and Literature at Northwestern University. She is author and editor of many books, including God and the Goddesses: Vision, Poetry, and Belief in the Middle Ages, winner of the Haskins Medal of the Medieval Academy of America, and From Virile Woman to WomanChrist: Studies in Medieval Religion and Literature. Both are available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe Middle Ages Series
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.