All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £14.56Trending at £16.91
- £20.36Trending at £22.94
- £17.28Trending at £22.31
About this product
- DescriptionExploring contradictions between the democratic rhetoric of empowerment programs and the bureaucratic hurdles that volunteers learn to navigate, this book demonstrates that empowerment projects work best with less precarious funding, more careful planning, and mandatory training, reflection, and long-term commitments from volunteers.
- Author BiographyNina Eliasoph is associate professor of sociology at the University of Southern California. She is the author of Avoiding Politics.
- PrizesWinner of Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Recognition Award 2014.
- Author(s)Nina Eliasoph
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2011
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePrinceton Studies in Cultural Sociology
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight595 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.