All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout the book the student is well supplied with numerous examples, some 2000 problems and their solutions to apply the knowledge to economic theories and models.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Eichhorn is professor at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT, formerly University of Karlsruhe(TH)), Faculty of Economics. His fields of research are economics, mathematics, operations research, mathematical modelling in economics, particularly in practise and theory of production, growth, distribution of wealth, games, prices, and price indices. He also published papers in statistics, especially on measurement in economics, and in insurance, mainly on macroeconomic aspects of risk management. He was research counsel for the German Research Foundation, the German Federal Cartel Office, the Munich Reinsurance Company, and for several national and international Scientific Publishing Companies. His research inspired his teaching: more than forty years mostly at Karlsruhe, but also, among others, at the Universities of Berkeley (UC), Bonn, Fribourg, Lisboa (TU), Los Angeles (USC), Rio de Janeiro (UF), Vancouver (UBC), Vienna (WU), Waterloo (UofW), Wurzburg. Winfried Gleissner is a member of the Faculty of Business Administration at the University of Applied Sciences in Landshut, where he is responsible for mathematics and information technology. He is specialized on computer and network security. His fields of research are mathematical modelling in economics, particularly in the theory of growth, measurement in economics, taxes, distribution of wealth, price indices. He developped a model for the spread of computer viruses, which was recognized in the medical world. This influenced his teaching experience: some twenty years, mostly in Landshut, but also at the Technical Universites of Karlsruhe and Munich, the University of Applied Sciences in Rosenheim. Further he is a forensic expert in computer and network security, among others in credit cards.
- Author(s)Winfried Gleissner,Wolfgang Eichhorn
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/02/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringer Texts in Business and Economics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note143 Illustrations, color; XIX, 630 p. 143 illus. in color.
- Weight1136 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £26.40
- £45.12Trending at £47.58
- £38.79Trending at £42.29
- £12.21Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.