All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn investigation of neoliberalism in relation to education policy and its rollback of the Keynesian welfare state. It argues that education is the basis of an open society and is a social welfare right in the merging knowledge economy. It also explores and critiques neoliberalism as the ruling ideological consensus.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Peters is Professor of Education in the Department of Educational Policy Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Adjunct Professor in the School of Art at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia. He is the editor of three journals: Educational Philosophy and Theory, Policy Futures in Education, and E-Learning and Digital Media. His most recent books include: The Last Book of Postmodernism: Apocalyptic Thinking, Philosophy and Education in the Twenty-First Century (Peter Lang, 2011); Governmentality Studies in Education (2009); Creativity and the Global Knowledge Economy (with P. Murphy & S. Marginson) (Peter Lang, 2009); Global Knowledge Cultures (with C. Kapitzke) (2007); Subjectivity and Truth: Foucault, Education and the Culture of the Self (with Tina Besley) (Peter Lang, 2008); Building Knowledge Cultures: Educational and Development in the Age of Knowledge Capitalism (with Tina Besley) (2006); and Knowledge Economy, Development and the Future of the University (2007).
- Author(s)Michael A. Peters
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGlobal Studies in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £35.14
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.84
- £4.99Trending at £6.18
- £18.99Trending at £34.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.