Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.33
- £40.47Trending at £40.74
- £56.83Trending at £57.51
- £14.44Trending at £15.68
- £27.26Trending at £29.55
- £21.12Trending at £27.86
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNutrition and Food Science
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteXVI, 815 p.
- Weight1554 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byW. J. Santos
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
- Table Of ContentsNutritional Biochemistry.- The Metabolism of Protein during Pregnancy.- Protein Turnover in Malnutrition, Obesity and Injury.- Metabolism of Long Chain Fatty Acids with the Emphasis on Erucic Acid.- Lipid Components in Nutrition.- Lipid Requirements during Pregnancy and Lactation.- The Plasma Lipoprotein System in Man.- Chemistry and Metabolism of Vitamins.- Quantitative Aspects of Vitamin Metabolism.- Inborn Errors of Vitamin Metabolism.- Factors Affecting the Bioavailability and Metabolism of Vitamin A and Its Precursors.- Chemistry and Metabolism of Vitamin C.- Metabolism of Pyridoxine in Riboflavin Deficiency.- Classification of Biological Effects of Trace Elements.- Are Dietary Guidelines for Trace Elements Needed? The Development of Provisional Recommended Allowances in the USA.- Iron Intake and Iron Absorption.- The Functional Evaluation of Vitamin Status with Special Attention to Enzyme-Coenzyme Techniques.- Pathological and Clinical Nutritional.- Adaptation to Severe Protein Deficiency.- The Effect of Moderate Protein-Energy Malnutrition on Several Biochemical Parameters in Preschool Children.- The Short and Long Term Functional Implications of Infant Calorie-Protein Malnutrition.- The Changing Patterns of Protein-Calorie Malnutrition in the Sudan.- Influence of Malnutrition on Lactose in Children Who Belong to Genetically Lactose Tolerant or Intolerant Tribes in Central Africa.- Nutrition, Infection and Immune Response.- Cellular Immunity Studies in Marasmic Infants.- Nutritional Anemia with Special Reference to Iron Deficiency: Relation to Other Nutritional Deficiencies.- Vitamin A Deficiency: The Nature and Magnitude of the Problem.- General Nutrition and Endemic Goiter.- Iodine Deficiency and Maternal-Fetal Thyroid Relationship.- The Present Status of Prevalence of Endemic Goiter in Brazil.- Studies in Endemic Genu Valgum - A Manifestation of Fluoride Toxicity in India.- Oral Use of Iodized Oil in the Prophylaxis of Endemic Goiter in Argentina.- Intolerance to Foods and Food Additives.- Intolerance to Foods and Food Additives.- Aphthous Ulceration and Migraine as Manifestations of Food Intolerance and Its Relationship to Supplementary Vitamin C.- Lactose Malabsorption and Milk Consumption in Infants and Children.- Protein Proteinase Inhibitor from Eggplant Exocarps.- Obesity as a Public Health Problem.- Obesity: Causes, Consequences and Treatment (Pathogenesis and Therapy).- Obesity Facts, Fads, and Fantasies.- Obesity: Comments on Epidemiology.- Therapy of Obesity.- Special Diets in Prevention and Therapy of Obesity.- Behavior Modification and the Control of Obesity.- Ten Years in the Treatment of Obesity Carried Out in Sanatorial Conditions.- Growth of Adipose Tissue.- The Relation of Obesity to Cardiovascular Disease.- Present Status of Polyunsaturated Fats in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease.- Dietary Protein and Cardiovascular Diseases: Effects of Dietary Protein on Plasma Cholesterol Levels and Cholesterol Metabolism.- Some Current Concepts Concerning Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis.- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases, Starting in Childhood.- Diabetes: A Public Health Problem.- Diet in the Management of Diabetes Mellitus.- The Present Problems of Diabetes Mellitus as a Social Disease with Special Reference to Romania.- The Education of the Diabetic Patient.- The Psychologist's Position in the Face of the Diabetic Problem.- Diet Therapy of Chronic Renal Failure on Maintenance Hemodialysis.- Effects of Dietary Fiber on Carbohydrate Metabolism.- Influence of Fiber on Lipid Metabolism.- Dietary Fiber, Bile Acids and Cholesterol Metabolism.- Protective Role of Fiber in Carcinogenesis.- Nutrition and Cancer.- Cancer Prevention Through Prudent Diet.- Long-Term Development in an Area with a High Incidence of Gastric Cancer.- Drug Addiction, Chronic Alcoholism and liver Function with Reference to Protein Metabolism.- The Relation between Chronic Alcoholism, Drug Addiction and Nutrition with Special Refere
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.