Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £9.01Trending at £9.57
- £20.10Trending at £29.40
- £14.83Trending at £17.95
- £6.78Trending at £8.50
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £5.89Trending at £6.07
- £11.83Trending at £13.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive critical study of the nineteenth-century French grand opera La Juive, by Halevy.
- Author BiographyDiana Hallman is Associate Professor of Musicology at the University of Kentucky. She is a contributing author to the Cambridge Companion to Grand Opera (2003) edited by David Charlton, and has written articles and reviews concerning Halevy and the politics of French grand opera, as well as an article on the librettist Ludovic Halevy, in the Dictionary of Literary Biography, 1998. She was a featured speaker for the BBC's live broadcast of La Juive from the Vienna Staatsoper, 1999. Dr Hallman's research interests also include the history of American concert life and performance, and she is completing a book on turn-of-the-century Austrian-American pianist Fannie Bloomfield Zeisler.
- Author(s)Diana R. Hallman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2002
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Opera
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus.
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.