CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.06Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- Author(s)Mary Meinzinger,Roger Miller
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1043 g
- Width208 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement7th edition
- Table Of ContentsPART I: THE PARALEGAL PROFESSION. 1. Today's Paralegal Profession. 2. Career Opportunities. 3. The Inner Workings of the Law Office. 4. Ethics and Professional Responsibility. 5. Sources of American Law. 6. The Court System and Alternative Dispute Resolution. PART II: LEGAL PROCEDURES AND PARALEGAL SKILLS. 7. Legal Research and Analysis. 8. Online Legal Research. 9. Legal Writing: Form and Substance. 10. Civil Litigation: Before the Trial. 11. Conducting Interviews and Investigations. 12. Trial Procedures. 13. Criminal Law and Procedures. NALA's Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. NALA's Model Standards and Guidelines for Utilization of Legal Assistants. NFPA's Model Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and Guidelines for Enforcement. NALS Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. Paralegal Associations. Information on NALA's CP Program. Information on NFPA's PCCE (TM) and PACE (R) Examinations. Information on NALS Certification. The Constitution of the United States. Spanish Equivalents for Important Legal Terms in English.
- Author BiographyMary Meinzinger is the paralegal program chair at Madonna University. She is highly respected and is an active member of AAfPE. Roger LeRoy Miller studied at the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Chicago. He has been on the staff of a number of universities, including the University of Washington, Clemson University, and the University of Miami School of Law, where he taught, among other subjects, intellectual property and entertainment law. He has published in the Insurance Counsel Journal, Defense Research, California Trial Lawyers Journal, Antitrust Bulletin, Wisconsin Law Review, and Connecticut Law Review. He has authored or co-authored numerous leading textbooks, including BUSINESS LAW: TEXT AND CASES, THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS: TEXT AND CASES, BUSINESS LAW TODAY, FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS LAW, and THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT TODAY.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.