Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.49
- £18.30Trending at £29.86
- £18.23Trending at £19.00
About this product
- DescriptionExamines drumming and beating as musical practice (musicological meaning), as the channelling of violence or shock (sociological meaning), and as a subjective, embodied agent (psychoanalytic meaning). This title contributes to the cultural studies, popular and critical musicology, the theorisation of the body, and the sociology of music.
- Author BiographyJohn Mowitt is Professor of Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature at the University of Minnesota. He is the author of Text: The Genealogy of an Antidisciplinary Object, also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)John Mowitt
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2002
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.