All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionA deeply enriched second edition of a classical textbook on fluid dynamics. It emphasizes an experimental (inductive) approach rather than the more formal approach found in many textbooks in the field.
- Author BiographyEtienne Guyon is physicist at the PMMH Laboratory (Physics and Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media) of ESPCI (Ecole Superieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielles, Paris) and former director of Ecole Normale Superieure in Paris. His interests deal with the flow properties disordered matter and with the diffusion of science. He is a fellow of AIP and APS. Jean-Pierre Hulin is scientist at the FAST Laboratory (Fluids, Automatics and Thermal Systems) in Paris South University. His research deals with flow and transport in fractured and porous media, with granular and suspension flows and with mixing. He has taught fluid mechanics in several engineering (ESPCI, ENSTA) and graduate schools. He is a fellow of APS. Luc Petit is Professor at the Institute of Light and Matter of the Lyon 1 University. His research deals with the flow of complex fluids. He has thaught fluid mechanics at undergraduate and graduate level (Ecole Normale Superieure in Lyon, University of Nice, Universite of Lyon) and he is involved in the formation of teachers.
- Author(s)Catalin D. Mitescu,Etienne Guyon,Jean Pierre Hulin,Luc Petit
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note316 b/w illustrations, 16pp colour plates
- Weight1366 g
- Width195 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.