Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.28Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- Author(s)Janet M. Conway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2010
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Series TitleNew Approaches in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface. 1. Approaching social movements and their knowledges: Culture, identity, ethnography 2. Social movements and their knowledges: Feminist and Freirean perspectives on knowledge from below 3. The activist city in an era of free trade 4. Knowledge and capacity building: Popular education in the MNSJ 5. Contesting the neoliberal city: Campaign praxis in the MNSJ 6. Knowledge and the impasse in left politics: Towards a new democratic imaginary?
- Author BiographyJanet M. Conway teaches feminism and social movements in the politics department at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. She is a long-time activist, active in women's, anti-poverty and economic justice organizations. She was a founder of the Metro Network for Social Justice, which is the subject of this book. Conway is the author of Identity, Place, Knowledge: Social Movements Contesting Globalization, Fernwood (2004).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.