Consider these sponsored items
- £71.90Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsolidating over sixty years of research, this authoritative account of probability on networks is indispensable to anyone in the field.
- Author BiographyRussell Lyons is James H. Rudy Professor of Mathematics at Indiana University, Bloomington. He obtained his PhD at the University of Michigan in 1983. He has written seminal papers concerning probability on trees and random spanning trees in networks. Lyons was a Sloan Foundation Fellow and has been an Invited Speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians and the Joint Mathematics Meetings. He is a Fellow of the American Mathematical Society. Yuval Peres is a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research in Redmond, Washington. He obtained his PhD at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem in 1990 and later served on their faculty as well as on the faculty at the University of California, Berkeley. He has written more than 250 research papers in probability, ergodic theory, analysis, and theoretical computer science. He has coauthored books on Brownian motion and Markov chain mixing times. Peres was awarded the Rollo Davidson Prize in 1995, the Loeve Prize in 2001, and the David P. Robbins Prize in 2011 and was an Invited Speaker at the 2002 ICM. He is a fellow of the American Mathematical Society and a foreign associate member of the US National Academy of Sciences.
- Author(s)Russell Lyons,Yuval Peres
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2017
- Series TitleCambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note78 b/w illus. 13 colour illus. 4 tables 864 exercises
- Weight1380 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £18.69Trending at £23.70
- £3.95Trending at £4.04
- £10.30Trending at £15.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.