Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Hugh Coolican
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note120 black & white illustrations, 105 black & white tables, 120 black & white line drawings
- Weight1678 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface. PART 1 Research methods and ethics. 1. Psychology, science and research. 2. Measuring people - variables, samples and the qualitative critique. 3. Experiments and experimental designs in psychology. 4. Validity in psychological research. 5. Quasi-experiments and non-experiments. 6. Observational methods - watching and being with people. 7. Interview methods - asking people direct questions. 8. Psychological tests and measurement scales. 9. Comparison studies - cross-sectional, longitudinal and cross-cultural studies. 10. Qualitative approaches in psychology. 11 Ethical issues in psychological research. PART 2 Analysing data and writing up. 12. Analysing qualitative data. 13. Statistics - organising the data. 14. Graphical representation of data. 15. Frequencies and distributions. 16. Significance testing - was it a real effect? 17. Testing for differences between two samples. 18 Tests for categorical variables and frequency tables. 19. Correlation and regression. 20 Multi-level analysis - ANOVA for differences between more than two conditions. 21. Multi-factorial ANOVA designs. 22. ANOVA for repeated measures designs. 23. Choosing a significance test for your data (and internet resources). 24. Planning your practical and writing up your report. Appendix to Chapter 12. Appendix (Statistical tables).
- Author BiographyHugh Coolican is a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Coventry, a Chartered Psychologist and an examiner for the International Baccalaureate.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.