All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionmDrawing on the work of the Duke of Saint-Simon (1675-1755), Memoirs , Le Roy Ladurie offers a portrait of life under Louis XIV, focusing on the fundamental issues of hierarchy and rank in a tightly controlled setting.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Le Roy Ladurie is a professor at the College de France and a member of the Academie des Sciences Morales et Politiques. He is the author of numerous books, including Montaillou: The Promised Land of Error ; The Mind and Method of the Historian ; and The Beggar and the Professor, the latter published by the University of Chicago Press. Jean-Francois Fitou is the deputy prefect of Langon, France. Arthur Goldhammer is an award-winning translator who has translated books by Georges Duby, Jacques Le Goff, and Jean Starobinski.
- Author(s)Le Roy Ladurie
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note36 halftones, 14 line drawings, 1 map, 2 tables
- Weight750 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.