All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionSango - the Yoruba god of thunder and lightning - is a powerful, fearful deity who controls the forces of nature. This title explores Sango religious traditions in West Africa and beyond. It considers the spread of polytheistic religious traditions from West Africa, the mythic Sango, the historical Sango, and syncretic traditions of Sango worship.
- Author BiographyJoel E. Tishken is Assistant Professor of African and World History at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington. Toyin Falola is Frances Higginbotham Nalle Centennial Professor in History at The University of Texas, Austin. He has edited The Yoruba Diaspora in the Atlantic World (IUP, 2005) and Archaeology of Atlantic Africa and the African Diaspora (IUP, 2007). Akintunde Akinyemi is Associate Professor of Yoruba Language and Literature in the Department of African and Asian Languages and Literatures at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He is author of Yoruba Royal Poetry: A Socio-Historical Exposition and Annotated Translation.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- Language(s)English & Multiple languages
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note25 b&w photos, 2 maps, 12 figures
- Weight613 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAkintunde Akinyemi,Joel E. Tishken,Toyin Falola
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.