All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology critically analyses how cultures around the world make social categories of race, class, gender and sexuality meaningful in particular ways. The collection uses a wide range of readings to examine how contemporary issues of race, class, gender, and sexuality are constructed, mobilized, and transformed.
- Author BiographyCeline-Marie Pascale is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology at American University, Washington, DC, where she teaches courses on language and inequality. Her primary scholarly interest is in exploring the (re)production of culture, knowledge, and power through sociological analyses of language and representation. Most broadly, she has expertise in qualitative methodologies and contemporary theory. Professor Pascale received the 2008 Distinguished Contribution to Scholarship Book Award from the American Sociological Association Section on Race, Gender, and Class for her first book Making Sense of Race, Gender and Class: Commonsense, Power and Privilege in the United States (Routledge, 2007). Pascale's second book Cartographies of Knowledge: Exploring Qualitative Epistemologies was published by Sage in 2010. Pascale's scholarship also is published in numerous national and international peer-reviewed journals. She serves as president of the Research Committee on Language and Society for the International Sociological Association and is a former Research & Media Fellow of the Center for Social Media at American University.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCeline-Marie Pascale
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
- £16.61Trending at £16.82
- £14.50Trending at £19.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.