All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £12.35
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.56
- £17.29Trending at £28.02
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £14.72Trending at £20.04
About this product
- DescriptionBridges the properties of a macroscopic system and the microscopic behavior of its constituting particles, otherwise impossible due to the giant magnitude of Avogadro's number. This text focuses on particular applications such as the properties of electrons in solids with applications, and radiation thermodynamics and the greenhouse effect.
- Author BiographyClaudine Hermann received her education at the Ecole Normale Superieure de Jeunes Filles, and is vice-director of the Physics of Condensed Matter Laboratory of the Ecole Polytechnique, where she is also professor at the physics department. She conducts research in solid-state physics, optical pumping in semiconductors, photoemission of polarized electrons, and near-field optics.
- Author(s)Claudine Hermann
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/02/2005
- Series TitleAdvanced Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.