All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a developmental view of language, the emergence of literacy and the role of literature in the early years, a period characterised by unparalleled speed and complexity of growth in thinking, language, social and cultural awareness and physical skills. This book includes chapters on communication, play, and national literacy requirements.
- Author BiographyMarian Whitehead was formerly a Senior Lecturer in Education at Goldsmiths College, University of London, with responsiblility for organizing and teaching MA degrees in Language and Literature and Early Childhood Education. She is the author of Language and Literacy in the Early Years (2nd Edition 1997) and The Development of Language and Literacy (1996) and co-editor of the international research journal Early Years. She now combines writing with language and early years consultancy work.
- Author(s)Marian R. Whitehead
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSupporting Early Learning
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight292 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Interest Age0-6
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.32Trending at £15.24
- £15.16Trending at £16.58
- £8.50Trending at £8.78
- £11.02Trending at £12.98
- £9.60Trending at £10.96
- £6.60Trending at £6.80
- £4.98Trending at £5.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.