Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.24Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for faculty in the healthcare professions (especially in nursing), this text focuses on how to incorporate the broad range of teaching technologies that go beyond teaching online courses and the use of patient simulators into online, classroom, and clinical teaching.
- Author BiographyWanda Bonnel, PhD, RN, is Associate Professor at the University of Kansas School of Nursing where she has taught for over 20 years. Currently, she teaches graduate level courses in Teaching with Technologies, Foundations in Education and Learning, and Teaching Strategies, Creating a Learning Environment, among others. She is a Fellow in the National League for Nursing Academy, the recipient of the Kemper Teaching Award at University of Kansas, and the Sigma Theta Tau Regional Pinnacle Award for Computer-Based Professional Education Technology. Dr. Bonnel has been the PI on five funded grants and research projects, including Best Practices in Feedback to Online Students and Online Course Feedback, What Do We Mean (both funded by NLN). She has published 22 Peer Reviewed Abstracts and Articles and contributed 6 invited chapters or articles to edited works, the majority of which have focused on aspects of nursing education. A certified geriatric nurse practitioner, Dr. Bonnel is a grant reviewer for NLN and HRSA, an Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Gerontological Nursing, and a manuscript reviewer for International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship and Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. ||Katharine Smith, PhD, RN, is Associate Professor and Assistant Dean for Program Evaluation at the University of Missouri, Kansas City where she has taught since 1991. Dr. Smith's research has included 17 funded grants, most of which focused on some aspect of teaching, advanced education, and nursing traineeships. Professional presentations include international and national posters and oral presentations focusing on Simulation and Ethical Issues related to health care. Dr. Smith is published primarily in the area of nursing ethics, and serves as a Consultant Editor for Nursing Ethics: An International Journal for Health Care Professionals. Her clinical nursing career has focused on cardiovascular nursing, including CNS work in Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Author(s)Katharine Smith,Wanda Bonnel
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width254 mm
- Height177 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.