Consider these sponsored items
- £4.35Was:£12.99Free postage
- £4.50Was:£12.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the story of Aminata, a young girl abducted from her village in Mali aged 11 in 1755, and who, after a deathly journey on a slave ship where she witnesses the brutal repression of a slave revolt, is sold to a plantation owner in South Carolina, who rapes her. This work manages to use her story to bring the harrowing chapter in our history.
- Author BiographyLawrence Hill was born in Ontario, Canada of a black father and a white mother. He is the author of a memoir, Black Berry, Sweet Juice, a work of non-fiction, The Deserter's Tale, and two other novels. His third novel, The Book of Negroes (published in the US as Somebody Knows My Name) was a no.1 bestseller in Canada, and won the 2008 Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best Book.
- PrizesWinner of Commonwealth Writers' Prize Best Book 2008. Short-listed for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2009.
- Author(s)Lawrence Hill
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/01/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date27/07/2012
- Weight773 g
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £6.02Trending at £6.29
- £5.67Trending at £5.96
- £4.15Trending at £4.63
- £4.60Trending at £5.59
- £4.79Trending at £5.57
- £4.80Trending at £4.87
- £4.30Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.