All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.29Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive and accessible overview of the Jewish experience, from its ancient origins to its impact on contemporary popular culture.
- Author BiographyJudith R. Baskin is Knight Professor of Humanities and Associate Dean for Humanities at the University of Oregon. Her books include Midrashic Women: Formations of the Feminine in Rabbinic Literature and Pharaoh's Counselors: Job, Jethro, and Balaam in Rabbinic and Patristic Tradition, and she is editor of Jewish Women in Historical Perspective and Women of the Word: Jewish Women and Jewish Writing. She also served as sub-editor for post-biblical entries for The Torah: A Women's Commentary, which received the National Jewish Book Awards 2008 Jewish Book of the Year. Kenneth Seeskin is Philip M. and Ethel Klutznick Professor of Jewish Civilization at Northwestern University. He is the author of Maimonides on the Origin of the World, which was selected by Choice as one of the outstanding books in the humanities for 2006, and Searching for a Distant God: The Legacy of Maimonides, which won the Koret Jewish Book Award in 2000; he is also editor of The Cambridge Companion to Maimonides. He has received several teaching awards, including the Charles Deering McCormick Professor of Teaching Excellence at Northwestern University, Illinois.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleComprehensive Surveys of Religion
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note59 b/w illus. 15 maps 3 tables
- Weight1270 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJudith R. Baskin,Kenneth Seeskin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.