All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.94Trending at £24.50
- £17.29Trending at £28.09
- £23.56Trending at £40.05
- £11.91Trending at £20.02
- £15.17Trending at £24.02
- £8.63Trending at £17.01
- £17.28Trending at £22.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe Globalization of Nothing is back in a revised and completely updated Second Edition. In this reconceptualized volume, author George Ritzer focuses his attention squarely on the processes of globalization and how they relate to McDonaldization. This revision is shorter, more concise, and spends much less space on the Nothing-Something continuum that he introduced in the First Edition.
- Author BiographyGeorge Ritzer is Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland, where he has also been a Distinguished Scholar-Teacher and won a Teaching Excellence Award. He was awarded the Distinguished Contributions to Teaching Award by the American Sociological Association, an honorary doctorate from LaTrobe University in Australia, and the Robin Williams Lectureship from the Eastern Sociological Society. His best-known work, The McDonaldization of Society (8th ed.), has been read by hundreds of thousands of students over two decades and translated into over a dozen languages. Ritzer is also the editor of McDonaldization: The Reader; and author of other works of critical sociology related to the McDonaldization thesis, including Enchanting a Disenchanted World, The Globalization of Nothing, Expressing America: A Critique of the Global Credit Card Society, as well as a series best-selling social theory textbooks and Globalization: A Basic Text. He is the Editor of the Encyclopedia of Social Theory (2 vols.), the Encyclopedia of Sociology (11 vols.; 2nd edition forthcoming), the Encyclopedia of Globalization (5 vols.), and is Founding Editor of the Journal of Consumer Culture. In 2016 he will publish the second edition of Essentials of Sociology with SAGE.
- Author(s)George Ritzer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/01/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.