All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £17.45
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines how the Great War has been remembered and commemorated through the twentieth century and into the twenty-first. Drawing on contributions from history, cultural studies, film, and literary studies this collection offers fresh perspectives on the Great War and its legacy at the local, national, and international levels.
- Author BiographyKellen Kurschinski is a Ph.D. Candidate in history at McMaster University and Editor of www.canadianmilitaryhistory.ca. His research examines the medical and sociocultural impact of the Great War. Steve Marti is a doctoral candidate at Western University. His dissertation examines the relationship between identity and voluntary contributions to the war effort in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. Alicia Robinet is a Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of English at Western University. Matt Symes is the Publications Manager for LCMSDS, the editor of canadianmilitaryhistory.ca and a PhD Candidate (ABD) at Wilfrid Laurier University. 1812: A Guide to the War and its Legacy is the fifth battlefield guide that Symes has worked on, including Canadian Battlefields 1915-1918: A Visitors Guide and three battlefield guides on the Italian Campaign during the Second World War. Symes was also the co-editor (with Geoffrey Hayes and Mike Bechthold) of Canada and the Second World War: Essays in honour of Terry Copp. Jonathan F. Vance teaches history at Western University. He is the author of many works, including Maple Leaf Empire: Canada, Britain and Two World Wars (2011).
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Note38 b/w illus
- Weight696 g
- Edited byAlicia Robinet,Jonathan Franklin William Vance,Kellen Kurschinski,Matt Symes,Steve Marti
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.