Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Kackar Mountains are part of the Pontic Alps, a glaciated, granite mountain range which hugs the south coast of the Black Sea, extending from the Caucasus towards Istanbul. This 2nd edition of the guidebook and map describe over 30 days of trekking on eight major routes around the Kackar National Park.
- Author BiographyKate Clow is the originator of the Lycian Way, Turkey's first long-distance walking route, and the St Paul Trail, in the Taurus mountains. She is British/Turkish and has been exploring Turkey's mountains for 20 years. She is now head of the Culture Routes Society, a Turkish charity dedicated to making new routes, preserving old roads and assisting villagers along the routes to benefit from sustainable tourism. She has been walking in various seasons in the Kackar since 1992 and knows the people, old roads and monuments and the mountains well. Chris Gardner is a botanic guide and author of 'The Plant Hunters', a history of plant exploration. He is married to a Turkish botanist from the Black Sea and knows intimately the flora of these remarkable mountains. He leads botanic tours for Greentours.
- Author(s)Chris Gardner,Kate Clow
- PublisherUpcountry (Turkey) Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBuxton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUpcountry (Turkey) Ltd
- Content Note32 colour pages of photos, includes detachable, double-sided full colour contour map
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.00
- £19.38Trending at £30.03
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.61Trending at £12.34
- £11.87Trending at £14.50
- £11.98Trending at £15.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.