All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 4th century BC, in Syria, a woman, dressed in rags and covered in blisters and sores, is seen approaching on the road coming from the north. Suspicious of her, the villagers shout and throw rocks at her. She is struck and falls. She seems dead. She was the mistress of Xenophon, a general in the army employed by Cyrus the Younger.
- Author BiographyValerio Massimo Manfredi is professor of classical archaeology at Luigi Bocconi University in Milan. He has published ten works of fiction, including the 'Alexander' trilogy, which has been translated into twenty-four languages in thirty-eight countries. His novel The Last Legion was released as a major motion picture in 2007. He has written and hosted documentaries on the ancient world and has written screenplays for cinema and television.
- Author(s)Valerio Massimo Manfredi
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/10/2008
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date12/08/2009
- Content Notemaps,
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Translated byChristine Feddersen-Manfredi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.55Trending at £5.59
- £7.65Trending at £9.99
- £6.32Trending at £6.98
- £5.67Trending at £8.99
- £4.44Trending at £4.49
- £6.76Trending at £8.98
- £4.45Trending at £5.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.