All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHomer's epic tells of the adventures of Odysseus, the mythological King of Ithaca and leader of the Trojan war, recounting the hero's wanderings and his eventual regaining of his kingdom.
- Author BiographyThe Greeks believed that THE ODYSSEY and THE ILIAD were composed by a single poet whom they named Homer. Nothing is known of his life. Ancient tradition places him in Ionia, located in the eastern Aegean. Most modern scholars now place the composition of THE ODYSSEY in the late 8th, early 7th century. Robert Fagles is Arthur W. Marks Professor of Comparative Literature at Princeton University. Bernard Knox is Director Emeritus of Harvard's Center for Hellenic Studies in Washington, DC.
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2002
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWonders of the World S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/04/2005
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anita Karl,James Kemp
- Translated byRobert Fagles,Bernard M. W. Knox
- Introduction byBernard M. W. Knox
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £88.92Trending at £98.02
- £13.34Trending at £21.01
- £13.12Trending at £15.20
- £12.99Trending at £17.01
- £11.79Trending at £13.00
- £5.77Trending at £7.02
- £7.17Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.