Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor centuries Britain's commercial fishermen have ventured out into the ravages of the surrounding seas to bring fi sh back both to supply a home market and for export around the world. Today, commercial fishing remains one of the most perilous occupations and still claims the lives of fishermen each year, leaving their families behind.
- Author BiographyMike Smylie is a maritime historian specializing in the fishing industry. He has written many articles on the subject for various magazines, such as Classic Boat, and is the author of 15 books, including Fishing Around the Bristol Channel and Fishing Around Morcambe Bay. He was awarded an MPhil by St Andrews University in 2002. He is a founder member of the 40+ Fishing Boat Association and edits their thrice-yearly newsletter Fishing Boats.
- Author(s)Mike Smylie
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note20 Illustrations, black and white
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementUK ed.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £6.99Trending at £10.33
- £16.82Trending at £24.07
- £10.30Trending at £15.03
- £4.06Trending at £7.32
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.