All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.46
- £4.40Trending at £4.70
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £10.40Trending at £11.17
- £6.01Trending at £6.10
- £10.61Trending at £15.05
- £4.22Trending at £7.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe Politics of Punk probes the conscience of punk music by going beyond the lyrics and slogans of the pithy culture war. Creating a people's history of punk's social, aesthetic, and political features, the book features original interviews with members of Dead Kennedys, Dead Boys, MDC, and many more.
- Author BiographyDavid Ensminger is humanities, folklore, and English instructor at Lee College in Baytown, Texas. He has written about music, art, and contemporary issues and is author of Visual Vitriol: The Street Art and Subcultures of the Punk and Hardcore Generations and Left of the Dial: Conversations with Punk Icons. He has contributed to Popmatters, Maximum Rocknroll, Houston Press, Trust, Postmodern Culture, Art in Print, M/C Journal, Journal of Popular Music Studies, Liminalities, Artcore, and various other journals.
- Author(s)David A. Ensminger
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note23 Halftones, black and white
- Weight562 g
- Width157 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.