All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the humid air of 16th-century Peru, Atahuallpa, the Sun-God King, meets Pizarro the Conquistador, representative of the Spanish Empire at its insatiable. While the Inca King is convinced of his own immortality, the Spaniard is cynical and greedy, leading to a collision of power and authority. Soon both men are locked in a struggle for survival.
- Author BiographyPeter Shaffer was born in Liverpool in 1926. Among his plays, The Salt Land (1954), Equus (1973) which won Shaffer the 1975 Tony Award for Best Play as well as the New York Drama Critics Circle Award, Amadeus (1979) which won the Evening Standard Drama Award and the Theatre Critics Award for the London production.
- Author(s)Peter Shaffer
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2007
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight89 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £14.99
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £9.41Trending at £9.98
- £6.41Trending at £7.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.90
- £7.30Trending at £9.98
- £6.34Trending at £8.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.