All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.99
- £46.55Trending at £57.36
- £14.44Trending at £15.86
- £25.39Trending at £26.98
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
- £17.91Trending at £18.14
- £27.26Trending at £29.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a guided historical and scientific tour of our understanding of element synthesis. Beginning with generally accepted science, the book ends in today's terra incognita of nuclear physics, astrophysics and cosmology
- Author BiographyAfter spending several years in the USA, at Caltech and Cornell, Giora Shaviv was instrumental in bringing astrophysical teaching and research to Israel ( with posts at Tel Aviv University and the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology). He also conceived, designed and organized the launch of the Technion student and faculty research satellite. A leading theoretical astrophysicist, Shaviv has published numerous articles on stellar physics, galaxies and astrophysical fluids in professional journals. Among his many contributions to stellar physics is a paper that Physical Review Letters selected as one of their best 20 of the past 50 years. He is also author of the highly acclaimed book Life of Stars (Springer, 2010). He founded the Asher Space Research Institute at the Technion with president Singer and also served as President of the Israeli Physical Society.
- Author(s)Giora Shaviv
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- Series TitleAstrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Part/Volume Number387
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteXXII, 684 p. 255 illus., 117 illus. in color.
- Weight1220 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.