Tyranny and the Lash: Prisoners and Punishments in British History by Stephen Wade (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £12.10Trending at £18.96
- £7.40Trending at £9.99
- £7.20Trending at £12.99
- £10.48Trending at £14.99
- £4.82Trending at £5.89
- £1.19Trending at £1.23
About this product
- DescriptionTyranny and the Lash offers a rare insight into the world of crime and punishment. It investigates the changing definitions of criminality that occur when the law adapts to the radical transmutations of society caused by warfare, social disorder and events like the Industrial Revolution.
- Author BiographyStephen Wade is a former university lecturer now writing and researching the history of crime and law. He is widely published in both popular true crime writing and in more academic crime history, and he has also published several works on genealogy.
- Author(s)Stephen Wade
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content Note20 b&w
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.