All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to understanding and treating self-injury in autism (ASD). With contributions by top experts, the book explains various causes and forms of self-injury, discusses the treatment options available, including medical, psychiatric and nutritional treatments, and considers the effectiveness of multidisciplinary approaches.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Edelson, Ph.D., is the director of the Autism Research Institute (ARI). Active in the field of autism for over 35 years, he was named director of ARI in 2006 after the passing of autism pioneer and advocate, Dr. Bernard Rimland. Dr. Edelson has conducted research in a variety of areas comprising behavior, biomedical, sensory issues, and cognition; he has published peer-reviewed research articles with many notables in the autism field, including Drs. Bernard Rimland, Ivar Lovaas, Temple Grandin, Melvin Kaplan, and Margaret Bauman. He is a participant on the Panel of Professional Advisors for the Autism Society of America (ASA) and he is a former ASA Board member and a past president of the Autism Society of Oregon. Jane Johnson is Managing Director and Board Member of the Autism Research Institute (ARI). Jane moderates the four ARI support listservs, helps organize the think tanks, and helps edit the ARI e-newsletter. She has edited three books with her mother: Dr. Bryan Jepson's Changing the Course of Autism, Siblings: The Autism Spectrum Through Our Eyes, and Families of Adults with Autism: Stories and Advice for the Next Generation. Jane lives in New York City.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnne Van Rensselaer,Jane Botsford Johnson,Jane Johnson,Stephen M. Edelson
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £13.99
- £9.44Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.78
- £6.50Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.