Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.96
- £5.69Trending at £7.37
- £7.29Trending at £10.99
- £16.71Trending at £19.90
- £9.85Trending at £10.77
- £17.57Trending at £19.05
- £12.95Trending at £16.95
About this product
- DescriptionExplains the fascinating world of quarks and leptons and the forces that govern their behaviour. Told from an experimental physicist's perspective, it forgoes mathematical complexity, using instead particularly accessible figures and apt analogies.
- Author BiographyDon Lincoln is an experimental physicist on the scientific staff of Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, the world's premier particle physics laboratory. Born in 1964, he received his PhD in 1993 from Rice University, where he was the Lodieska Stockbridge Vaughn Fellow. He then moved to the University of Michigan as a Research Fellow, where he joined the DAE experiment, one of two large international collaborations where the highest-energy research is performed. In 1998, he joined the Fermilab scientific staff. During his tenure at DAE, he has been responsible for a number of multi-million-dollar and very high-tech projects. It was during this time that the DAE experiment (along with its sister experiment) announced the exciting discovery of the top quark. A prolific author, has published over 120 scientific papers in prestigious journals. Don has a passion for public speaking and conveying the meaning of cutting-edge physics research to various audiences. While he has delivered scientific lectures on three continents and in many countries, he has also given over 100 talks to a wide range of audiences, including nonphysicist colleagues, teachers, children of all ages, and many adult groups. He is as comfortable speaking to an audience of hundreds as he is to an audience of one. He is heavily involved with the Fermilab Education and Public Outreach programs and feels that it is the duty of any practicing scientist to share the excitement of their research with others.
- Author(s)Donald Lincoln
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2004
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight844 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.